Welcome to St. Michael The Archangel Orthodox Church
We welcome you to our St. Michael’s Website
Even more, we warmly invite you to visit our holy church. Located in the anthracite coalmining region of south eastern Pennsylvania, St. Michael Orthodox Church, a parish of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA, under the Omophorion of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, stands tall and majestic—with a cathedral-like appearance—on North Nichols Street in St. Clair, a borough in Schuylkill County with a population of around three thousand. His Grace, the Right Reverend Bishop Gregory of Nyssa is the reigning hierarch of the Diocese, and the Rev. Fr. Jeff L. Zias is the presbyter of this beautiful and growing church. Vespers is celebrated every Saturday evening at 6:00 p.m. and the Holy Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom is celebrated on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Come and experience the living, healing life of Christ’s own Church, Holy Orthodoxy—Christianity’s first and oldest. Visit us soon!
Vespers: Saturdays [Time]
Eve of Great Feasts [Time]
Liturgy: Sundays and Feast Days [Time]
As Scheduled. Consult Church Bulletin
Follow us on Facebook for current news and events!
While we rejoice in our opportunity to return to church, there are still certain guidelines we must follow, restrictions implemented by the State of Pennsylvania because of the COVID-19 virus. As we move forward in our re-opening, we kindly ask for your patient cooperation and understanding. We also ask that you adhere to the following guidelines when you arrive:
- Anyone not feeling well should return home, or remain at home.
- Face masks or coverings that adequately cover both nose and mouth are to be worn.
- When you walk in, use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering the church.
- Maintain social distancing at all times, also when approaching the Holy Chalice.
- When receiving Communion, open your mouth as widely as you can. As you receive the Holy Sacrament, do not close your mouth around the spoon.
- Faithful are asked to sit in every other pew. Family members may sit together.
- For your safety, service books have been removed from the pews.
- Refrain from kissing the icons, chalice, hand cross and Father’s hand. Veneration should be done with a reverent bow.
- As there will be no singing by the choir or faithful, Plain Chant will be sung by our Reader Jonah.
- And of course, there will be no coffee hour following the Divine Liturgy.
Our approach is fluid and so we will be making adjustments as needed. Continue to pray along with our Cathedral services when it is not your week. Also, do not forget to send in your Sunday offering. You may even drop it in the mail slot located at the front of our social hall. Please know that it is very much needed. With God’s grace and blessed guidance we will get through this together!